Home » Development » Flex » Flex Tips »
This is quick solution for Flex coders. If you want to sort column in DataGrid, default sorting is sorted by String and not Number. If you have just one numeric column, you can create custom sort function and set sortCompareFunction for given DataGridColumn. If you have more such columns and you dataProvider is ArrayCollection which consists of many object, better solution is override DataGridColumn and implement compareFunction inside this class.Posted in Flex Tips
Tweet I have few times lately this error in Flex Builder and there were at least 2 cases, which cause this error to happen. So maybe it will help you to find your problem. Some file (in my case .flexLibProperties) has SVN conflicts, so you need to resolve conflicts and merge them to solve this [...]Posted in Flex, Flex Tips
I’ve found today some small problem with setting XML attribute for my current application. I’m generating HTML source code via XML, because both are tags languages and I have found this nice problem. Imagine you have DIV tag with class attribute set like this:Posted in Flash Tips & Tricks, Flex Tips
I have to confess I didn’t know about great function enterDebugger() in flash.debugger package. If you ever want to have conditional breakpoint you can do it programatically. Just add this statement to you code and debuger will stop as it there would be normal breakpoint. So you can use it in IF statement and call it just when some conditions are met. I think I will use this function a lot from now onPosted in Flash, Flex Tips
Tweet I have some new Flex Tip for you. Maybe you have found it already if you have tried add new thumbs to Mx:Slider (HSlider, VSlider) programatically. There can be various “small” problems. Or maybe there is just another way What I’ve tried is increase thumbCount property and add new value to values property. But [...]Posted in Flex Tips, Flexets
Tweet Maybe it is easy, maybe not, but I do not think it’s straitforward and logical. If you want to set word wrapping for mx:Text you have to set width. If you did not do this, whole text will be in 1 row and not whole text can be visible. So just set width to [...]Posted in Flex Tips
Tweet This is quick Flex Tip. If you do not need or do not want change CheckBox selection with space key, you can set mouseFocusEnabled to false. If you know about any other solutions, let us know. TweetPosted in Flex Tips
Tweet Here is quick Flex Tip. If you don’t want to display focus rectangle on pressing TAB key, you should use focusEnabled = false; It’s quick solution for 1 component, but if you want disable focus for all components in your application just use focusManager.deactivate(); That’s all, hope it helps to anyone… New: Thanks to [...]Posted in Flex Tips
Tweet I didn’t know it, but here is solution. Best UIComponent for Bitmap is mx:Image (no surprise), You can just write: <mx :Image creationComplete=”(event.currentTarget as Image).source = new Bitmap( bitmapData)”/> So for mx:Image except source=”path” you can add reference to Bitmap as well. Enjoy TweetPosted in Flex Tips
Tweet This may be useful for someone who does not read Flex documentation in more detail. When you have content which is masked and you allow scale for your application, mask will not scale if it is not added to display list (it’s written in documentation ). So if you have such problem, add you [...]Posted in Flex Tips
- Tower Defense Design – The Future of Gaming?
- WordPress Mobile Edition
- Flex Hero – Android links collection
- Send links to your Android
- Android Time Picker for Flex Hero
- Android Date Picker for Flex Hero
- Problems with latest stable Flex 4 nightly build
- Loosing children interactivity after setting perspectiveProjection
- WordPress plugin Permalinks Changer
- Belinda Stroming : Tower Defense games are enjoyable at first, but once you get the patte ...
- Unizah Abbey : It was nice to know this kind of future gaming for my nephew was fond ...
- Art : Your line about all games survive made me think a little bit. I think ...
- Yann Graufogel : Hi, First, thanks for this mobile datePicker! I've noticed somethi ...
- bugz : thank you very much ! ...
- Keiran : Hi! This is a bit older but very useful if you want to create 3D pie ...
- uzair : hey Daniel: i didn't get you clearly. The thing which i understand ...
- Daniel Sedlacek : My first thought is to do everything you do now but in bigger resoluti ...