Home » Development » Flex »
Tweet Lately in my free time I’ve started to learn Flex Hero to be able to develop mobile applications for Android devices in Flex. I’ve downloaded Flash Builder Burrito from Adobe Labs, which already consists Flex Hero SDK, so I could immediately start developing my first Flex Android application. It’s quite new area and there [...]Posted in Android, Flex Mobile Development
Tweet I’ve create new Android mobile component in Flex Hero. Last time I’ve created Android Date Picker, which allows you to pick date. But if you need change time, there is another component: Time Picker. So I’ve recreated it for Flex Hero. There are 2 different possibilities: changing time in AM/PM format or full day [...]Posted in Android, Flex Mobile Development
Tweet I’ve been testing new Flex Hero SDK with AIR 2.5 on my HTC Desire HD. In Flash Builder Burrito it works very nice and smooth. Even debugging on mobile works nicely (computer and mobile must be connected to same wifi). I’m just playing and testing some new stuff and have needed date picker for [...]Posted in Android, Flex Mobile Development
Tweet I have commercial project in Flex 4. That’s great I always wanted to use Flex 4 for commercial project (otherwise I didn’t have time to work with Flex 4). It was too risky, because Flex 4 is just beta 2, but application depends on custom skinning, so we have decided to implement it in [...]Posted in Flex
Tweet My current project needs to use new native 3D in Flash Player 10. It seems so easy to use it, just set any 3d property like x,y,z or rotationX, rotationY, rotationZ and all should work perfectly. It seems so. But I have found problem and it seems it’s Flash player bug (I hope someone [...]Posted in Flex
This is quick solution for Flex coders. If you want to sort column in DataGrid, default sorting is sorted by String and not Number. If you have just one numeric column, you can create custom sort function and set sortCompareFunction for given DataGridColumn. If you have more such columns and you dataProvider is ArrayCollection which consists of many object, better solution is override DataGridColumn and implement compareFunction inside this class.Posted in Flex Tips
This is same example as yesterday (Fit text in rectangle with Text Layout Engine), but I’ve added one more switch. You can decide if you want use TruncationOptions or not. Reason why I want to show this to you is that it works differently. I do not know if this is feature or bug, but try to tell me your opinion in comments.Posted in Flex
This is first example in serie of examples of showcase how to use Text Layout Engine (mainly for Flex 3).
Here is quick description: I need to fit text in rectangle (need it for our Goalscape project). I want to be able to change width, height, font size and text of course.Posted in Flex, Text Layout Engine
Tweet I’m going to play with Text Layout Engine, which is bundled in Flex 4. But we need to use it in Flex 3 in our Goalscape project. And it’s possible to use Text Layout Engine in Flex 3. All you need to do is download Flex 4 SDK, or Flash Builder and get textLayout.swc [...]Posted in Flex, Text Layout Engine
Tweet I have few times lately this error in Flex Builder and there were at least 2 cases, which cause this error to happen. So maybe it will help you to find your problem. Some file (in my case .flexLibProperties) has SVN conflicts, so you need to resolve conflicts and merge them to solve this [...]Posted in Flex, Flex Tips
- Tower Defense Design – The Future of Gaming?
- WordPress Mobile Edition
- Flex Hero – Android links collection
- Send links to your Android
- Android Time Picker for Flex Hero
- Android Date Picker for Flex Hero
- Problems with latest stable Flex 4 nightly build
- Loosing children interactivity after setting perspectiveProjection
- WordPress plugin Permalinks Changer
- Belinda Stroming : Tower Defense games are enjoyable at first, but once you get the patte ...
- Unizah Abbey : It was nice to know this kind of future gaming for my nephew was fond ...
- Art : Your line about all games survive made me think a little bit. I think ...
- Yann Graufogel : Hi, First, thanks for this mobile datePicker! I've noticed somethi ...
- bugz : thank you very much ! ...
- Keiran : Hi! This is a bit older but very useful if you want to create 3D pie ...
- uzair : hey Daniel: i didn't get you clearly. The thing which i understand ...
- Daniel Sedlacek : My first thought is to do everything you do now but in bigger resoluti ...