Home » Development » Flash »
I’ve found out today, that there is no longer FlashDen.net, but instead there is new site in Envato network called ActiveDen. It’s same site, but Adobe has asked Envato to change the name because “Flash” is registered trademark of Adobe. And there are also Flex files on ActiveDen, so there are no more just pure Flash files, so it’s maybe better name now.Posted in Flash
Tweet Recently I have used inverse mask in my project – a mask that hides everything beneath it, keeping everything outside visible. I knew there is no direct support for inverse masking in Flash, but such effect can be achieved by using blend modes. To my surprise when you google the term “flash inverse mask” [...]Posted in Flash
By Daniel Sedlacek
I have to confess I didn’t know about great function enterDebugger() in flash.debugger package. If you ever want to have conditional breakpoint you can do it programatically. Just add this statement to you code and debuger will stop as it there would be normal breakpoint. So you can use it in IF statement and call it just when some conditions are met. I think I will use this function a lot from now onPosted in Flash, Flex Tips
Yesterday, I’ve posted about interesting AS3 Class InteractivePNG, and now I’m adding new addition for solving other problem with transparent Bitmaps. If you have transparent bitmap with whitespace around image and you want to crop whitespace around “real” image, you can use this function…Posted in Development, Flash
I working on some game editors for my old game engine (not finished) to show people something what I have and let people convince me maybe to continue (fallenswordsgame.com) and there are lot of PNG assets. If I got on stage many PNG images there is problem with selection of correct one, because in AS3 there are MouseEvent events even on transparent pixels and that’s problem. I have tried search if someone did great job on some workaround and I have found really great AS3 class called InteractivePNG.Posted in Development, Flash
Tweet WTF? I don’t know what’s wrong, and if this is a bug or anything, but I came across interesting issue. Let me first tell, that it seems it’s bug on Windows, or maybe just my Windows really do not know, I need you to help me. I need your test to let me find [...]Posted in Flash
Tweet If you are going on FlashOnTheBeach to Brighton this year, you can meet me there and say hello. Maybe beer will be good at the evening If you will look for Flexets guys (t-shirt with Flexets logo) I know you will find me. It’s always great to see my readers and subscribers. I’m looking [...]Posted in Flash, Flexets
Tweet Finally I’ve found good WordPress plugin for syntax highligting of ActionScript 3 and MXML. Syntax is very easy (who would tell that ) with only 2 settings: lang, line (from which line should code starts). So from today I can support both my favourite languages on my blog (i’ve changed already my last 3 [...]Posted in Flash, Flex, Wordpress
Tweet I’m not PHP or MySQL guru, but from time to time I need test some product which I will use on live server and till now on the best 1-click installation of Apache, PHP and MySQL for me is WampServer. Installation takes few moments and that’s all. You can just start all services with [...]Posted in Flash
Tweet In my latest project I need generate Excel .xls file from Flex. Because in Flex or Flash there is no support for such generation, I’ve to do it manually and I want to share this knowledge with all of you in this new tutorial serie. Because content of Excel file can vary this will [...]Posted in Flash
- Tower Defense Design – The Future of Gaming?
- WordPress Mobile Edition
- Flex Hero – Android links collection
- Send links to your Android
- Android Time Picker for Flex Hero
- Android Date Picker for Flex Hero
- Problems with latest stable Flex 4 nightly build
- Loosing children interactivity after setting perspectiveProjection
- WordPress plugin Permalinks Changer
- Belinda Stroming : Tower Defense games are enjoyable at first, but once you get the patte ...
- Unizah Abbey : It was nice to know this kind of future gaming for my nephew was fond ...
- Art : Your line about all games survive made me think a little bit. I think ...
- Yann Graufogel : Hi, First, thanks for this mobile datePicker! I've noticed somethi ...
- bugz : thank you very much ! ...
- Keiran : Hi! This is a bit older but very useful if you want to create 3D pie ...
- uzair : hey Daniel: i didn't get you clearly. The thing which i understand ...
- Daniel Sedlacek : My first thought is to do everything you do now but in bigger resoluti ...